How does The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting work?
Everyone knows that Girl Scouts have badges. But The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting has more than just exciting, new badges for every age level. Each guide contains:
- A colorful, easy-to-use binder specially designed for girls at each level. The binder comes chock full of essential information and badge activities—plus girls get to customize their own experience by choosing and adding in additional badge sets.
- Legacy, Financial Literacy, and Cookie Business badge activities—or, for Girl Scout Daisies, petal and leaf activities. For more information about the National Proficiency badges, check out How the National Girl Scout Program Portfolio Works (PDF).
- A detailed diagram showing where girls place the badges, pins, or awards with pride on their vests or sashes.
- Ideas to help girls tie their badges right into their Journeys.
- Vintage illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help girls feel connected to the proud traditions of the past.
- An awards log showing girls every award and badge available at their level, as well as the entire badge program at every level, so girls can see how their skills will grow in Girl Scouting.
Click around below to learn more about Girl’s Guides and how they partner perfectly with Journeys:
- Click here for a chart that shows how the journeys and the new handbooks complement each other.
- Click here for a preview of one of the badge requirements pages from the new handbooks.
Check out the program portfolio summary for each program level:
Tips for Volunteers
Please see National Proficiency Badges for some examples of badge progression.
Tips for volunteers using The Girl’s Guide with Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
Tips for volunteers using The Girl’s Guide with Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors